Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Musings on Character

Like most people these days, I get sent lots of links – some funny, some lame, some provocative, and many that are interesting.

I thought I would include a couple of received recently about the matter of character in education.
The first is written/audio piece from The Economist on resilience, intelligence, socio-economic factors, and parenting.
The second is a brief letter from Howard Gardner about measuring kids. (Gardner is Harvard professor well-known in education circles for, among other things, his work on multiple intelligences. He was one of the speakers in last year’s G20 meeting – as per my last post.)
Finally, here is a fun video clip I received this morning that presents a lovely vignette on the meaning of sportsmanship and compassion.
These are interesting parenting touchstones, but also food for thought when we start to look at future priorities for Appleby.

No comments:

Post a Comment